Isio Fiduciary Management Survey 2021
The past 12 months have been momentous for the UK fiduciary management industry. The CMA Order required many schemes to retender their fiduciary manager, the global pandemic continued to influence markets, and ESG continued its momentum with a renewed focus on climate change. Despite these challenging conditions we continue to see growth from the number of schemes using fiduciary management.
This year we asked 16 fiduciary managers to participate in our Survey, covering over 900 pensions schemes and over £220bn of assets under management. We also report the significant retendering activity driven by the CMA Order and how this has changed the industry landscape. This includes if trustees generally switched fiduciary managers, the impact on fees, and how trustees are using independent advice.
Isio in the News
Read more on the Fiduciary Management Survey 2021 in the press:
- FM retenders bring fee reductions for smaller schemes – mallowstreet
- 86% pick same fiduciary manager but with fees cut (professionalpensions.com)
- Fiduciary management sector growth slows in 2020/21 – Pensions Age Magazine
- Massive retender exercise sees fiduciary manager fees drop – DB & Derisking – Pensions Expert (pensions-expert.com)
- Retendering drives drop in UK fiduciary management fees | News | IPE